03 November 2011

Snickerdoodles

An easy classic that most everyone enjoys


It's Thursday, which means.... baseball night! Wooooo! Since none of you understand what "baseball night" is, allow me to explain. You see, my boyfriend has this hobby called "baseball." This particular hobby requires an entire night each week (and then some) to be dedicated to it, and Thursday happens to be the night. Being the needy girlfriend that I am, I now have no idea what to do with myself on Thursday nights. Typically, I lounge around feeling sorry for myself while being horribly unproductive. Tonight I decided to break the cycle (which really started just last week when the first official "baseball night" occurred, so I suppose I shouldn't really call it a cycle...) and bake some cookies. I honestly haven't had much motivation to bake anything this week because I'm still trying to cleanse my body of all the sugar I consumed over Halloween weekend. However, staying true to my promise of a weekly post, I decided to bite the bullet and bake something. So I hope everyone appreciates this post!

Since I lack motivation, I decided to keep it simple and go with snickerdoodles. Like the Mexican wedding cookies I made last week, snickerdoodles are delicious but I've only baked them a few other times. The first batch was pulled from the oven about ten minutes ago, and they look good! That's right, ten minutes ago. This is the timeliest blog post I've written; it's just about as close to live blogging as I'll ever get.

Since my phone proved easier to use than my real camera (and thanks to MobileMe I can almost instantly get the photos from my phone to my blog without the involvement of any cords), I stuck with the same system as last week as far as photos are concerned. In all honesty, taking pictures is probably one of my least favorite things to do when I'm baking. That's not to say that I don't enjoy photography, because I do (I even took a photography class during my sophomore year of college!); it's just that I find the combination of photography and baking to be much too arduous.

Not as messy as the Mexican wedding cake cookies! Also, you can check the accuracy of my recipe.



These cookies turned out really well and I am definitely satisfied with the recipe. My recipe card says that I obtained this recipe on food.com, but that was a while ago so I no longer have the direct link.

Snickerdoodles:

For the dough:

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the cinnamon sugar:
  • 3 tablespoons sugar*
  • 3 tablespoons cinnamon* 
*This is what the recipe says, but I used less cinnamon and more sugar, because I didn't fancy this exact combination. I ended up with something that was more like two parts sugar to one part cinnamon.

Directions: Cream butter and sugar, add remaining ingredients. Chill dough for 5-10 minutes while preparing cinnamon sugar. Roll balls of dough in cinnamon sugar, bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
 

Ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. Well I think I finally figured out how to make a comment o your blogspot. I am not a fan of snickerdoodles,though I have made them enough times for others. But I do like the chocolate peanut butter cookies and the pumpkin ones. Keep it up girl. Baseball in November? I guess out of a weird mother springs a weird son.
    Thanks you have inspired me to update my own blog, now I just need a 40 hours day to get it done.

    ReplyDelete